Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Every Year

A beautiful summer night in the park. The music was great too. It is so nice to spend time with neighbors and friends just enjoying being. Being there - being alive - being part of this community. Did I mention being in the park - it is the jewel of our town with a river along one side and filled with stately oaks and hickories.

Later, as we turned into our driveway I caught a small glow flitting across the lawn. Then I remembered - it's almost the 4th of July and the magic lightning bugs have returned for their 21 day romp through the countryside and our memories. I watched them appear and disappear and wondered how many others were enjoying this seasonal sight just as I was.

Welcome back my friends. I have missed you. Thank you for the magic memories you bring and for helping me reconnect with childhood and loved ones no longer here.

I love the line from the Firefly Song: "I'd get a thousand hugs from 10,000 lightening bugs as they tried to teach me to dance." Listen to the song by clicking this link:



No comments: